0 Players online.
play.feroxsurvival.net Copy IP

The making of New Spawn...

7 replies
Drood Owner
Post Ratings:
+1
Here I will be posting screenshots of the new spawn as I make it so you guys can keep track of progress :)

The theme of the new spawn will be a tropical pirates cove/island with some fantasy aspects and is inspired by some planet minecraft projects I looked at.

Here I made the basic landscape out of sand so therefore hills etc would look more natural then after that I went around the entire island smoothing out any parts that looked strange by hand.
dxCunul.jpg

I then began to give the land some texture to see what it would look like. I played around with several different materials.
tISbjTd.jpg

I then came up with the idea of having a skull on the island seen as though the theme is kind of like a pirates cove/island
2Se47nx.jpg
D4bLLIW.jpg

I then finished off texturing most of the land there is still some left to do such as small details like paths etc.
FotVQAn.jpg
r8jwvWy.jpg

Then I started to work on some of the actual buildings for the cove, I had many attempts at creating these trying to make them look right etc however this was the final product for these buildings which I'm quite happy with.
WTlFPhU.jpg

7th February 2018

After creating the huts I started work opposite them working on a cliff and ramp leading up to it I knew there was lots of work to be done when it came to landscaping here.
BRwfvLN.jpg

As you can see here I started to form the land around the stairs giving it an over hang to give it more enclosed feel which is what I was going for...
0x3rbjC.jpg

After creaing the ramp I added more buildings above and a cannon/defense area which was in some castle ruins. I then dropped to the shore and started work on the cliff making a port area and over hang. After all that I added vines to cover up the cliff...
2Ydd84p.jpg

After that I extended the upper area to add another area which ca nbe seen in the middle of the image and another overhang below it, I also started work on the paths around the island...
UjnGYSD.jpg

After doing all that I flipped over to the opposite of the island creating a temple statue which was built into a mountain.
izXv2Ea.jpg
zWKfbmE.jpg

I then finished the statue and the mountain behind it however I was not done there as I feel it lacked structure and looked a bit blank.
0QWLFTN.jpg
TE5vaVN.jpg

I decided to add another castle ruin to behind the temple I had to redesign the mountain strucutre to make the castle fit in, I first built it just outside on the flat world then moved it onto the mountain as I knew it would not fit and terrain changes would have to be made...
wPH4EH6.jpg

I finished creating the terrain around the castle making it fit in perfectly.
edbJiyp.jpg

In this screenshot alot changed, I added a tower as seen in the background (it looks empty right now as I need to add the trees growing through the tower) I also added a lake/waterfall just in front of the houses.
rPlxV6s.jpg
rSde0Om.jpg

I then flipped around the other side of the water fall and added another waterfall near the Skull and added some ground texture...
72AzOPN.jpg

I also moved along the coast and added a cave, bridge and another waterfall...
P6TauUw.jpg

After that I flipped around again to the other side of the island and added in another lake/waterfall opposite the temple statue and another tower. I also finished detailing the paths and added another path around the left hand side of the cliff... and a underground cave that goes below the path.
2xM1clA.jpg

This image is some more detailing of the paths and also me changing up the beach adding some dirt, fences and grass.
VQR0MtE.jpg
Posted Feb 1, 18 · OP · Last edited Feb 7, 18 by Drood
Post Ratings:
+2
then, then, Then
Posted Feb 1, 18
Post Ratings:
looks sick nice job
Posted Feb 3, 18
reSiign_
reSiign_ @ Ferox Survival
Post Ratings:
it looks hot
Posted Feb 7, 18
Post Ratings:
Is it really that hard to press F1 Drood?
Posted Feb 7, 18
Post Ratings:
Looks nice, I'm looking forward to it :)
Posted Feb 8, 18
Drood Owner
Post Ratings:
+1
It's so people can see my skin so they know it's me ;)
Posted Feb 8, 18 · OP
Post Ratings:
+11
COMMUNITY ...
Good job. :^)
Posted Feb 8, 18
NoticeNotices